Yield: 1 12-in crust
Time: 30 min
AP flour: 100%
AP flour: 225g
Sourdough discard: 60g
Cold butter, cut into tbsp slices: 113g
Egg yolk: 18g, 1 yolk
Vanilla extract*: 4g
Zest*: 1 tsp
Ice water: 10g* use as needed
1. Pulse flour, salt, sugar in food processor.
2. Add butter, pulse until pea-sized.
3. Add starter and egg, pulse until dough starts coming together.
4. At this point, if dough is still crumbly, turn out onto the counter. Slowly add ice water until dough comes together.
5. Form into round disc, wrap, refrigerate for at least 30 min and up to several days.